Monday, April 5, 2010

i hate mornings (5/30)

Truth came like night
A cloud over morning
I hate the way it does this

I hate the way mornings makes me remember
Everything I wish I could forget
The way it spits me up like bad karma on the cusp of justice
All I am is a pile of broken promises rolling off the devil's tongue onto God's lap

I sin every night
and ask to be forgiven every morning

I am the hollowed dust of a fragmented sentence God thought was a promise, I left out all the important parts
Whispered fallacies into his ear the night before last
Now all he ever hears from me is lies
I always says things I don't mean

My muffled tears echo in the wells of deaf ears never to be heard
I wonder when God stopped hearing my pleas
The morning hates my cries for forgiveness so it stuffs my throat with rainclouds
Every morning it is pouring

I want to know what daybreak feels like without emotional hangovers
I am hung over
Vomiting over the side of the bed as I edge closer to point of no return
Purging all my insides
So I can't feel a thing

Teach me how to not cry underneath a stack of damp pillows and bed sheets
Soaked with the sewage of lust and pride
I can feel it leaking from my skin

Teach me how to not sin
I am tired of asking for forgiveness

I am tired of the drizzle of my tears
fogging up the windows of my soul
I am a blind angel bumping into clouds
I can not see a thing

God
I hate mornings
Because with each sunrise I know I will only disappoint you more

No comments:

Post a Comment