Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beautiful

When he glances at me I feel like stars kissing the stark sky
Like Aphrodite's silhouette bathed in a petal of roses
Beautiful

Like the taste of his laughter simmering in my ear when he transforms my teardrops into rainbows
Like the fabricated dreams of him and me that impregnate my mind
I wish I could give birth to our love
But you don’t know that I exist
Beautiful

Do you know that I trace the outline of your lips with my taste buds to salvage the delicacies of your smile?

I think you’re beautiful like when the sun made love to the moon and created twilight
You are my light
You are sky to me
You are god to me
You are all I ever see
But you don’t know that I exist
Beautiful

I will peer through the curtains of your soul
Hoping to catch a glimpse of your spirit
I will perch atop heaven’s balconies
Hoping to dive into your dreams
I just want you to see me
Beautiful

Please tell me that you see me
Like I see you

No comments:

Post a Comment