Monday, February 22, 2010

When goddesses cry on the inside (what I wish I could tell my mother)

I rise to not so subtle tears of regret and anguish every morning just as the sun replaces the moon
Constant

Your pain swallows me up like your tear ducts swallow your pride I can only be angry but I wish I could cry all the tears you refuse to
For you

Paas down bitterness like heirlooms encrusted in agony and filth despite the fact that you’re a mountain of rubies and pearls
Royal

With outrage buried so deep into your soul I can smell the fumes of bitterness like decaying dreams of murdered martyrs
Tragic

I see beauty etched on your eyelids when you finally allow yourself to dream dreams
Sing me

Lullabies of heroines that aren’t too wounded to fly beneath angels on the pilgrimage to the heavens
Believe

That the world will stop spinning when your fears finally fall and god himself will part the oceans to swallow all your tears

No comments:

Post a Comment