Monday, February 22, 2010

Vehement Screams (what I’d cry out to my father)

I rummage for goodness in the aching kisses of my yearning lovers
Who fall over me like bricks off the Berlin Wall
Tripping over my roots bulging out of the seams of the spandex disguise of my tortured soul
My agony is forever expanding
along with their own…

Stretching fantasies of what if, should’ve, could’ve, uttering the words
“why didn’t she love me?” over and over until they find themselves disenchanted
They lament the scent of death always leaving my lips whenever we part them to kiss
When they try to inject life into my wounds through the tip of our tongues
They want to be scribes and translate their truths into a language I can possibly understand with these deafened ears

But they never do
I never do
I can’t understand the love of a man.
If you couldn’t love me, how could they?

Seductive scrolls of lies appear atop our naked bodies when we submerge into the depths of sin to forgive those who’ve trespassed against us.

They all hate me and it’s all because of you

No comments:

Post a Comment