Monday, February 22, 2010

Every Morning (my battle with self-esteem)

When swollen dew drops balance on the cusps of fallen leaves
I kiss the rays of sunshine every morning before I leave hoping to photosynthesize
Why can’t I draw light into my darkness

Then I make a bed of white lies atop reality give my honesties a place to sleep
They aren’t enough to anchor me while I drift out into a world of sullen, sunken dreams
A place where my beauty doesn’t manifest

Can I face ugliness head-on like charging bison
I need lies to pick up where honesty isn’t suffice and
Coat my lips with cherry scented angel wings
So I can taste a piece of heaven with every breath I take
Remind myself that I am a child of god
But sometimes I just want to be a child of aesthetics
I want to be beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment