Monday, February 22, 2010

in need of a vacation

I got a job

I got a job to save for school
to get in debt
to get a car
to get a house
to get in more debt
to buy diapers for the kids

Kids with the husband who doesn’t really love me
but doesn’t really hate me
But that fucks me just fine though and that’s quite enough for me

I work

I work to go on vacation then forget I need to go on vacation because I’m paperchasing
to save up for that getaway I never seem to get away to
I work 9 to 5 then sleep 9 to 5
my life is over

I have a career

Sleep-deprived
Irritated
Stressed
Wired
Medicated
Drained
Fucked
Royally

I rot in hell.

I rot in hell with my 401K
My glass of Chardonnay (which is really a whole bottle)
To numb the pain of my potential layoff
And all those unpaid vacays

I need a fucking vacation

I’m eighteen going on insanity
What the fuck happened to me
They were selling me pipe dreams
Crack pipe dreams white as my picket fence
Apathy is a hell of a drug

I used to believe but not anymore

Fuck a vacation I need to retire

No comments:

Post a Comment